Sunday, February 8, 2009

Girl, You're The Reason (My first official poem)

Everyone once in a while, someone will ask me when did I realize I liked writing poetry and the answer is basically, I didn't really realize anything. It was in my first and only year at USF and I started writing how I felt. It was really a combination of 2 things- a letter I was writing that I never sent that somehow rhymed and a general poem about finding the right person. The letter I was writing had a purpose, but the poem didn't really. I don't know why I did that.

One night, I started looking at both and figured that combining them just looked right. Suddenly, it became a poem about missing someone. Through the writing process of this 'poem,' I realized that I had a lot of great friends at USF back at this time because they gave me the support that I needed. Out of a tough girl situation grew my creative mind and although I did take a break in writing a few years ago, I'm writing again.

I also took a music/singing class at SFSU for an easy credit in between a long break I had between classes. I actually turned this poem into a song, but when I realized that everyone else did covers of existing songs (I'm the only one with an original?), I ended up doing Tony Rich's "Nobody Knows." I still remember the instructor telling me that "You have great tone." After all these years, I still haven't decided to disect that comment. LOL
__________________________________________________________________

Girl, You’re The Reason

I think of you as I dream at night,
I think of you in the wake of the my might,
I need you here right by my side,
With your sweet smile there’s no need to hide.

Girl, you’re the reason I live,
Girl, you’re the reason I give,
Love, it makes the world go around,
Love, for you it will always be found.

Nights I look up at the stars high above,
Makes me wish I had you in my arms in love,
Oh girl, I think I love you,
I don’t want to spend my life without you.

Times I drive the streets wondering where you are,
Times I drive the streets missing you in my arms,
Day and night, I wish you’re by your phone,
Hoping for a call straight from your home.

Take some time to think who’ll be there for you,
Take some time to think how much I love you,
Look into my heart, tell me what you see,
Look into my heart, that’s where you will be.

Once I get down on my bended knee,
You’ll see the man full of sensitivity,
Time and time again, I’ll whisper words into your ear,
And hopefully, you’ll be mine for always my dear.

Guys have made you cry over the years,
With my touch, I’ll take away your tears,
I’ll always treasure the moment we met,
My love will grow through each and every sunset.

Girl you are the reason I live,
And girl, you are the reason I give.

No comments:

Post a Comment