Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Heart In Fifteen Years

Sometimes I feel like writing for no apparent reason other than to see where my thoughts take me. Below is an example of something I wrote waking up at 1 am today and just exploring what I can make of it. No, it's not written about or for a certain person, but a few weeks ago, I watched a Broadway play on PBS about Cyrano De Bergerac and his feelings for Roxane remained strong for 15 years before he died......henceforth here's what I have to share:

A Heart In Fifteen Years

In fifteen years from now
Many things will undoubtedly change
What once was considered weird
May no longer seem strange.

As our bodies, our image, and thoughts
Evolve from each year to year
The feelings within a heart can remain the same
With each and every tear.

Time doesn’t always mend
The wounds that people tend to say
Because emotional scars can seem
Physical each and every day.

The message from a longing heart
May not always be felt
But we still have to deal
With the cards that we are dealt.

As each year brings forth
The beginning of a new age
A heart can feel like an animal
Still locked away in a cage.

Through these fifteen years
One thing can always renew this heart
It is the beauty of your smiling face
That will keep me from falling apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment